Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Twelve Days of Christmas. This is all appliqued by machine. I did raw edge with a small, almost satin stitch, zigzag for you that want to know..you know who you are. LOL! I still have to baste and quilt it. I will bind it in the same red that the red bows are made with. I put the question out to fellow Stashbusters on how it should be quilted. One lady came back with "cross hatching". So, I looked that up on the net and found many classy antique appliqued quilts were quilted in "cross hatching" and it makes them look fantastic. So, "cross hatching" it is! Thank you Jane in Austin!! This top took two weeks of hard work to get here. Most of the parts are scraps. The only thing I purchased was the backing, sashing, and bows.
I will be keeping this one.

4 comments:

  1. This has been on my to do list for a long time. Yours is wonderful and out of scraps, you clever girl. Great job, post a new pic after quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! This is one of those quilts I would never do myself and so admire all the more when I see you have done it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very nice. It looks like a lot of different pieces were appliqued.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy....I'd keep it too!!! Beautiful job! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete