Sunday, February 12, 2012

Fishing Under the Stars

This quilt came about from a group of folks that spun off from the Stashbuster Yahoo group. A group of quilters wanted to make the Shakespear In The Park quilt from the Judy Martin pattern. Sandra that runs the Stashbuster group started hers out in the colors in this quilt. She did not have enough contrast in her fabrics in her stars for the pattern in the Shakespear In The Park to show up. So, she started another Shakespear In The Park in other colors and had these blocks to send to someone else to turn into a charity quilt. She sent them to me!! I had this lovely fishing fabric to go with it.

So, Sandra sent me her stars and the setting triangles. I added the background fishing fabric, the binding fabric and the backing fabric. I had one extra star that would not fit on the front and appliqued it to the back of the quilt. I sent this quilt to Quilts For Kids to go to a very sick young boy. I named this quilt, "Fishing Under the Stars."

No comments:

Post a Comment