Sunday, February 12, 2012

Jessica's quilt



I made this quilt several years back for my niece Jessica. This is only a picture of the partial top. I added a blue border around the quilt top and don't know right now where the pictures are of the finished quilt. This pattern came from the "quiltpox" site and it is called "Hugs and Kisses". Jessica is not crazy about sampler type quilts. Nor does she like a lot of the traditional type patterns. I asked her what she did like. She likes blues and creams. So, I bought a bunch of different blues and a cream fabric. I figured with a pattern called Hugs and Kisses she would have to love it because she could think of all the hugs and kisses her WONDERFUL Aunt Lisa has showered her with every time she uses the quilt. LOL! Love you my sweet Jessica!!! Jessica does love her quilt by the way...she just wanted it bigger!!! YIKES!!! I quilted in the ditch on this one..it was a struggle..it's a queen size..I only have a regular sewing machine..no long arm here. One day I will make Jessica a bigger quilt...one that hangs a lot over the edge of a queen sized bed.

First I am trying to make one quilt for all my nieces and nephews and mom and brother. With lot's of other quilts for various projects in between.

Now some of those nieces and nephews are having babies..well..the babies have to have quilts too. LOL!

The model in the picture is my wonderful good sport husband Sam! He wants to keep all the quilts I make..he falls in love with all of them. He is great at helping me seam rip when need be and to pick fabrics and decide layouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment