Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Reviving Traditions quilt-a-long

I have the quilt book "Relax and Quilt" put out by Leisure Arts. The one I have was a second printing in 1999. There are several scrap quilt patterns in this book that I want to make. The first one being a pattern that I have seen over and over in many different quilt books and magazines over the past 35 years. Not sure who originally came up with this pattern but I am sure it was someone's long ago ancestor.

I have been sewing strips together from my scraps of fabric. I am cutting several different strips in widths varying from 3/4 inch to 2 inches by 4 inches long. I will cut those strips into sections of 3 3/8 inch widths by 5 inches long after I get a bunch of long strips of fabrics sewn together.

I am posting a picture of the cover of the book, the picture of the quilt I am going to make and a picture of my shoebox of scraps I already have cut up with some strips already sewn together.


No comments:

Post a Comment