Sunday, February 12, 2012



This is a picture of a quilt top that the mother or grandmother of a friend of mine made out of flour, sugar and feed sacks. He still has a stack of the white sacks that were also stored in trunk with this quilt top. I helped his wife sandwich and baste this quilt and taught her how to hand quilt it. I Have handquilted a small portion of it with her. She isn't too enthusiastic about working on it and she only works on it every now and then for the past few years. This quilt needs to be finished and hung in their older home...one of those older antebellum type homes that is. Unfortunately my friend isn't as quilt crazed as we quilters are..her husband is..he is attached to his mom's and grandmothers old treasures..he rememebers them working on their quilt tops back when he was a young boy. He also has one or two more quilt tops that they made...I will try to remember to get pictures of them when I am over there one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment