Sunday, February 12, 2012

Turning Twenty quilt



This is my Turning Twenty quilt...was supposed to turn 20 fat quarters into this...I had two sets of 10 fat quarters..the same two sets..so..I turned 10 twice.

My husband has claimed this quilt. I really do not like the Turning Twenty pattern..surely with all those pretty fabrics we can do something better than just throw patches together..but...I love my turning 10 and the fabrics I used..looks like an old time quilt.

I stitched in the ditch around the big squares that made up each block. This was no where near enough quilting. So, what to do!!!???!!! I decided to learn how to hand quilt and hand quilted a ton of stars on this quilt. I put 1 star in one patch, 2 stars in another patch and 3 stars in another patch on each block..yes...6 stars in each block on this quilt that are all hand quilted. This is a very attractive quilt in real life..so much for me not liking that Turning Twenty pattern!! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment