Sunday, February 12, 2012

Kim's quilt



I made this quilt for my sister Kim a couple of years ago. She likes blue and yellow. So, she got it! The pattern is one of those strip quilt patterns...I think it was called "Cross Roads"..it came in a kit. I bought the kit at "Brenda's Quilt Stop" in Collins, MO. while on a vacation. Love Brenda's quilt shop..if you are ever in that area..you must stop in that quilt shop if you are a quilter.

I stitched in the ditch around the squares. That wasn't enough quilting..needed something in those blue squares..so..I tried my hand at free-motion quilting on my regular old Kenmore machine..I did flowers..tried to make them like a Dogwood for Kim. Kim has lived in Hawaii for over 30 years...she is from Atlanta, GA and Dogwood is our state flower. The fabrics are kinda tropical..so...a little of Georgia and a little of Hawaii were my thoughts while making this.

Aloha Jo from some of the quilting groups I am in, helped me in choosing the batting for this quilt. Does not get as cold in Hawaii as it does in Georgia. Thank you Jo!! Aloha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment